‘Jang Baek-kyu’s goal’ gives K League 2 newcomer Cheonan its first back-to-back wins…

Professional soccer K League 2 newcomer Cheonan City FC has posted its third win of the season and an emotional first back-to-back victory.

Cheonan defeated Bucheon FC 1-0 at home in the 32nd round of the Hana OneQ K League 2 2023 at Cheonan Stadium on Tuesday.

Cheonan, a new club that earned its first win in 21 matches in July, added a second win to its previous victory over Seoul Eland FC in its previous match to record its first back-to-back victories.

It was also the first time they kept two clean sheets in a row.

With their third win of the season, Cheonan moved to 17 points and within a point of 12th-place Ansan (18 points).

Cheonan evened their record against Bucheon with one win, one draw, and one loss.

Bucheon (49 points) remained in third place despite suffering a blow to last-place Cheonan.

Their six-match unbeaten streak (four wins and two draws) came to an end.

Cheonan took the lead in the 21st minute through Jang Baek-gyu.

Jang Baek-gyu took a direct shot at goal with his right foot from a free kick on the left flank, and the ball left Jang’s foot and bounced once on the ground before rattling into the net.

At the Asan Sunshin Sports Complex, the Jeonnam Dragons defeated Chungnam Asan FC 1-0.

Jeonnam has won two straight and maintained its head-to-head advantage over Chungnam Asan this season with two wins and one draw.

With three more points, Jeonnam (44 points) jumped two spots to sixth place.

Chungnam Asan (33 points) remained in 11th place.

With huge water puddles everywhere, and the ground conditions so bad that kicking the ball would make it splash, the teams battled back and forth to end the first half 0-0.

In the second half, the teams were evenly matched.

Jeonnam took the lead when Plana sent a cross from the right flank into the box, where Choo Sang-hoon raced to the doorstep and rattled the net with a diving header.

Chungnam Asan were hoping for an equalizer, but instead found themselves outnumbered when Lee Hak-min was sent off in stoppage time for accumulating cautions.

Jeonnam had the last laugh as they held on to the lead through Choo Sang-hoon.

At Anyang Sports Complex, FC Anyang and Gyeongnam FC battled to a 1-1 draw after an ‘underwater battle’.

Anyang, which had lost its last three games in a row, was unable to add a win to its four-game winning streak until this day.

Including today’s draw, the team is also winless against Gyeongnam this season with one draw and two losses in three matches.

With the one point, Anyang accumulated 43 points, but dropped to seventh place after losing the sixth spot to Jeonnam, who beat Chungnam Asan earlier in the day.

Fifth-placed Gyeongnam (46 points) trails fourth-placed Gimpo FC (49 points) by three points.

With the rain falling lightly, Anyang took the lead in the 31st minute through Bruno’s header.

Ahn Yong-woo’s left-footed kick from the right corner was met by Bruno, who leaped from the box and struck the top corner of the net with a precise forehead strike.

Gyeongnam evened the score with a late equalizer.

In the 12th minute of the second half, as the ball flowed backwards in a chaotic situation, Cho Tae-ki rattled the net with a right-footed shot from near the penalty arc to score her first goal of the season.

Gyeongnam had to settle for an offside call in the 43rd minute when Park Jae-hwan’s header rattled the net. 스포츠토토

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *